Thursday, December 30, 2010

Looking Back...

Before I start rattling of goals for next year, I really want to take a few minutes to look back at last year. I believe if we don't appreciate what we WERE able to do & accomplish then we just feel discouraged at what we didn't accomplish.
I do a Christmas card blog every year: http://www.hamiltonchristmascard.blogspot.com/
I do it to save time & $ on cards (I'm cheap, it's true). But the interesting side benefit for me is that I can look through it & say WOW. I did a LOT last year!
Here are some things I did:

-MOVED. That is huge by itself.
-Did 2 sprint-distance triathlons and a 1/2 marathon.
-Was at Primary Children's hospital with my baby girl for 4 days. Now she is on medicine 2x a day.
-Had a SUPER-busy summer, including trips to the zoo, splashparks, regular parks, Richfield, Snowbird, LP Aquarium, This is the Place monument, the pool - for fun & lessons, Discovery Gateway, Lagoon, the Benson's cabin & Thanksgiving Point.
-Lost 2 precious people in our lives - my Aunt & Jason's grandma. And did 2 memorial slideshows for each funeral.
-Started homeschooling McKinley. This is also huge.
-Read about 13 books - including a couple "self-improvement" books.

I am so VERY blessed to have three young daughters and an amazing hubby that in-between all these activities keep me very busy.

So - even though it's true that most of the goals I set for last year should probably be repeated this year, I can still look back & say I was very busy and very blessed. I can look back on last year & say it was GOOD. And I was thankful for it.

A few goals I feel like I really did make progress on:
-Probably 75% of the time, I am dressed & ready before the girls wake up. This is huge!
-I have been really a lot better about taking care of my skin & nails.
-Probably about 70% of the time, I am able to put God first in my day and do my personal study before the girls get up.
-I have been a lot better lately about my journal, too. It makes such a difference for me!
-Planning healthy meals. I feel pretty good about this goal. I get most of my recipes from Zonya or alter existing recipes.

It doesn't even have to be goals, but take a minute & recognize what YOU did last year!

1 comment:

  1. I was the recipient of many of Heidis wonderful, nutritious meals. Also, because of her I read 5 books.
    Many of my thankful memories are the same as Heidi and as the years go by I am finding new ways to use technology to be a greater instrument in fThers hhands

    ReplyDelete